On my workdesk this week you will see the same wee Magnolia image as last week - still uncoloured, but at least I have chosen the paper and card I will use with it. I also decided to dust off the sewing machine as I thought it would be nice to use stitching on my card. I bought this for something like £19.99 in Tesco a couple of years ago just to stitch on card in case it would be bad for my 'big' machine, but the problem is, I don't use it too often and of course when I tried it out this evening, there was a problem - the tension was far too loose. I fiddled about for ages and then finally had to get out the instruction book - the problem was that you have to use metal bobbins as it has a magnetized bobbin case and basically there won't be any tension on the bobbin if you use a plastic one - now who would have thought of that!! Most of my bobbins are plastic so I will have to fill one of the metal ones with the right colour of thread - I can see the idea of stitching on my card maybe wasn't such a good one after all! I also have out a couple of sewing themed dies, so I might just use those instead!! Now go and pay a visit to Julia's blog HERE to see what everyone else is up to this week.
I'm a part time teacher, married for over 23 years and Mum to Hannah and Nathan. I dabble in most crafts and have been making cards for about 15 years now. I'm a big fan of Stampin Up, Lili of the Valley and Magnolia products. I also make wedding stationery and sell my cards in a local craft shop to help school funds.