28/07/2012

Tailor tilda

I finally finished my 'Tailor Tilda' card - I decided just to thread up my wee sewing machine with a natural coloured thread, so that it would match in with most colours and it stitched through the two layers of card without any problems at all.  The pink card is SU 'Rose Red' and the brown is 'Soft suede' - also from SU.  The patterned paper is from a Papermania pack called 'Regency.'  The sewing machine and bobbin were die cut using Joys dies (I think) and the leaves are a Sizzix die from SU.  The image was coloured using Promarkers and Flexmarkers.  The layout was from this weeks Sketch and Stash (new stash being the stamp and old stash being the paper.)  I made the rose with the help of a die and using Rose Red card - so I can enter this weeks Papertake Weekly challenge, as it's 'Make your own.'  The scissors are a brad from Crafts U Love and the adhesive measuring tape and lace are from a local craft shop.
Back to rain again today - I think summer must be over - it only lasted for two days!!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Bernice. Love the image, pretty papers and layout.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so lovely the image is gorgeous and I love all the little finishing touches, thank you for joining in the fun with us at sketch n stash x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable, I love your colours and papers, Tilda is gorgeous and I love all your details.

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card & that image just makes me smile & think of my daughter as she is a wonderful quilter & spends a lot of time on her sewing machine ... I really MUST get that image .... Love all the little touches you've added to make it a super cute card ...
    Janie

    ReplyDelete