30/10/2012

40th birthday

I was asked recently to make a couple of 40th and 50th birthday cards - so I made this one using the sketch from this weeks Sketch and Stash challenge.  The paper is from my new Nitwits pad from LOTV and the stamp is also from LOTV, coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers.  I found some lovely blue and green cotton lace in my long neglected stash of bits and pieces, and it matched the colours just perfectly - mind you, I ended up nearly covering it all up again!  For the scalloped edges on the green panel, I used the SU scalloped border and corner punches - the green card is also from SU (certainly celery).  The blue card is from the Papermill - I bought a big box of A3 size sheets just before they closed down all their shops - you really miss having all that choice - mail order just isn't the same and the postage costs make it too expensive now, anyway.  The corner was made using a Marianne die and the scalloped circle is a Nestability die.   I added some stickles to her skirt and the flower in her hat and then Viva pearl pen to her necklace.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bernice, this is so sweet, I love the soft colours and the papers. Great take on the Sketch!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Stash this time!
    Good luck.
    xoxo, Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Bernice,I like the sweet image and the soft colours, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete