20/01/2016

WOYWW 346

A little bit of cross stitch on my desk today - a Gorjuss girl to brighten up my daughter's student house - the colours co-ordinate well with the living room - so it will brighten up a bare wall! I bought this kit at the craft fair in the NEC and I thought I'd better stitch it before going back to the one in March and buying lots more! I have just discovered that you can get tickets for free with Tesco's vouchers and this year the ticket also allows you to visit the cake fair as well as crafts, stitching and knitting!! Flights booked early and all set to go - though my daughter is unable to come with me this time so I will have to restrict my purchases to one cabin bag full instead of two :-(

The clutter to the left consists of the stamps etc I was using to make a little calendar card to send to the ladies who attend my needlecraft class, to let them know it starts back again tomorrow night.
Visit all the other work desks by clicking on Julia's blog HERE.

7 comments:

  1. Vwhat a lovely idea. I love gorjuss girls too.
    Have a good week.
    Catherine #19

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Gorjuss girls! I have stitched a couple (and admit to having a couple more in kit form lol). I bought some papers with them on too and have just finished up a mini album using the papers.

    Happy Stitching
    Sharon K #52

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to brighten up your daughter's present home with something so personal. I shall not be going to the March show at the NEC as last year's was so poor on the crafting side. As a result of that and the huge costs there, I know that several major exhibitors will not be attending. Thank you for your visit today. The Groovi plate is a brilliant piece of kit designed by Clarity Stamps to make the beautiful art of parchment more accessible to beginners. Hope you have a great week. xxx Maggie #65

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love craft fairs but I only go locally, so dont have cabin baggage problems, I also dont stay long so I dont have to spend much but last year I managed to spend 4600 in 30 minutes hahahaha. I dont think I have the patience to do needlecraft plus my eyes are going on me
    Bridget #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cross stitch is lovely, it's good to see something a bit more contemporary....the usual cross stitch kits tend to be a bit staid! Good luck with the NEC in March....shall we warn them you're coming and on a mission?! Lol
    Hugs, LLJ 10 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Desk Buddy! How responsible of you that you want to work on some cross stitch before heading out to buy more. It's looking good. Great to see that you have been stamping. I haven't done WOYWW because my desk is always rather picked up on Wednesdays and I know how boring that is. I keep thinking I should just use a photo from the weekend when I'm in full crafting mode.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi loving the embroidery. Great project and lovely images. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 15

    ReplyDelete